Intervene on dysfunction within the family system and build family strengths
Back to All Workshops
This workshop is designed for privacy and tailored to meet the unique needs of one single family. Establishing a supportive and safe environment by encouraging authenticity, productive communication, and healthy boundaries while working through difficult issues is our objective. During this workshop, family members learn how co-dependent behaviors, trauma, mood disorders, and/or addictions can impact a family system. Family members develop tools to successfully enhance recovery and a relational family system. The primary goal of the workshop is to help members bridge the gaps that have plagued the family system.
The Family Matters workshop is important because it can:
- Teach family members about how families function in general and, in particular, how their own family functions.
- Help the family focus less on the member(s) who has/have been identified as ill and focus more on the family as a whole.
- Help to identify conflicts and anxieties and help the family develop strategies to resolve them.
- Strengthen all family members so they can work on their problems together.
- Teach ways to handle conflicts and changes within the family differently. Sometimes the way family members handle problems makes them more likely to develop symptoms.
Family Matters is scheduled upon request and requires a minimum of two participants.
In response to demand after piloting this workshop online, we will continue to offer this popular title online through the TEAMS program. This gives families the ability to determine whether an in-person or online workshop best fits their unique needs.
Our Admissions team is here to help 24 hours a day and is experienced in assisting others with compassion, dignity, and respect — hallmark values of The Meadows for more than 40 years. The Meadows’ Admissions Specialists are here to help you on your way to a healthier and more productive lifestyle. When you call, they will lead you through a series of questions to determine if The Meadows is a good fit, and how soon your treatment can begin. If you are interested in The Meadows for yourself or a loved one, call or fill out an admissions form today!