Find personal growth at Rio Retreat Center
The Meadows Workshops
The Meadows’ one-of-a-kind workshops offer healing and empowerment to individuals in various stages of their recovery.
Our sister facility, Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows, offers a variety of unique workshops available to all interested individuals. Many workshops specifically address the needs of those who have just begun a recovery process while others help those who are stable in recovery and ready for the next stage or want to deepen their experience. Workshops can also be a source of renewal for anyone who has undergone treatment. Participants work on sensitive issues in a concentrated format, allowing them to enhance their personal journey by gaining insight into unhealthy, embroiled patterns, and practicing new relational skills within a safe environment.All Workshops
Whatever workshop you choose to begin with, know that in five very compact days you will leave with insights, a greater sense of direction about how you want to live, and most importantly the skills that offer you that opportunity.
Claudia Black, PhD, MSW
Find information on individual workshops below. For detailed information on all workshops, including upcoming dates and times, visit the Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows website.
- Women’s Intimacy Recovery Workshop
- THRIVE: Going to the Next Level
- Mind & Heart: A Mindful Path to Wholehearted Living
- Life Without Ed®: Transform Your Relationship with Food and Your Body
- Men’s Sexual Recovery
- Coming Home: Reaching True Identity and Orientation Empowerment; For the LGBTQ+ Community
Professional Development Workshops
For more than 40 years, The Meadows trauma treatment program has been helping those struggling with emotional trauma to heal and learn the skills necessary to cope with the devastating, and often hidden, effects of trauma. Our intensive, professional development workshops, are designed to help mental health and addiction professionals gain additional skills and insights for effectively treating their clients.
Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows offers confidential and customized private intensives for individuals who may require a higher level of anonymity. Our team of highly qualified experts utilizes cutting-edge modalities to tailor an intensive workshop experience to the specific needs of each client or family and can accommodate a flexible schedule.
We are committed to your privacy.
Private Intensive Coordinator
Operators are standing by to take your call today.
Additional Workshop Details
1245 Jack Burden Road, Wickenburg, AZ 85390
Pricing & Registration
Workshops are not covered by insurance carriers. Please call for pricing. Since workshops fill quickly, we encourage making reservations three to four weeks in advance.
Call our Intake Department to Register
Lodging & Transportation
All lodging is available on a first-come, first-served basis, so we recommend you book early. For added convenience, you can reserve a room when you register for your workshop.
- Bunkhouse – Double-occupancy, shared twin rooms
- Hacienda – Single-occupancy, queen-size rooms for those who prefer a bit more space and privacy
For those individuals who book our lodging package, transportation will be provided to and from Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.
- At no time should pictures be taken of others inside or outside of the room with any of the devices; pictures are not to be taken on the Rio Retreat campus.
- Only appropriate material is to be viewed or accessed while staying in the Bunkhouse.
- There is no smoking allowed in the rooms. A designated smoking area is provided.
- There is no food or drink allowed in the rooms, with the exception of bottled water with a cap/cover.
- Visits to sleeping rooms are not allowed by other workshop participants, outside visitors, or anyone else not staying in that room. Only those registered for the specific room are allowed in it.
We rely on an accurate attendance count to make important arrangements for your workshop. If a cancellation occurs more than 14 days prior to the start of the workshop, a full refund, less a $600 administrative fee will be issued or an allowance is made for a one-time transfer to another workshop date. There is a $100 transfer fee for this service. No cancellation or transfer within 14 days of the workshop date. If you have to cancel or transfer your workshop, please contact our Intake Department as soon as possible — we often have a waiting list of people who want to attend.
Our Admissions team is here to help 24 hours a day and is experienced in assisting others with compassion, dignity, and respect — hallmark values of The Meadows for more than 40 years. The Meadows’ Admissions Specialists are here to help you on your way to a healthier and more productive lifestyle. When you call, they will lead you through a series of questions to determine if The Meadows is a good fit, and how soon your treatment can begin. If you are interested in The Meadows for yourself or a loved one, call or fill out an admissions form today!