Careers for Behavioral Health Technicians
Join our team in Wickenburg, Arizona
Great Opportunities for Behavioral Health Technicians
Love your job! Work in a program influenced by Pia Mellody, Claudia Black, Bessel van der Kolk, Pat Carnes, and other industry leaders. Meadows Behavioral Healthcare provides individualized, intensive inpatient treatment for substance abuse, trauma, eating disorders, sex addiction, and co-occurring mental health issues.
Want to be a part of our amazing team in Arizona? Join us in providing compassionate, patient-centric care that changes lives.
Position Summary for Behavioral Health Technicians
This role provides basic patient care under the direction of the nursing staff with a focus on patient safety. BHTs perform general and specialized data collection, clerical, and administrative duties in support of the program.
Position Details for Behvioral Health Technicians
- Promotes patient safety through awareness of the environment of care and in all action that involves patient care. Communicates patient safety issues quickly, clearly and effectively
- Performs ongoing observation of the patients and milieu to ensure active treatment is provided and patients are participating
- Intervenes appropriately with patients experiencing a behavioral crisis situation, i.e., suicidal, threatening behavior, elopement and/or other situations, using approved interventions
- Participates with the treatment team in implementation of the individualized plan of care. Reports factors that may impede successful accomplishment of the treatment plan to the Charge Nurse/RN
- Assists in the admission and discharge of patient
- Conducts luggage searches for all admits and may conduct room searches as assigned
- Obtains and reports accurate vital sign readings
- Accompanies patients on appointments
- Provides 1:1 and line-of-sight monitoring for patients when order received
- Performs unit clerk duties to include data collection, clerical, and administrative duties, completing all appropriate documentation according to the policies and procedures of the facility
Education, Skills, & Experience Requirements for BHTs
- High School diploma or GED; Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- CPI, CPR/first aid certification during the first 30 days of employment
- Valid state driver’s license if required by state law and operating a company vehicle
- In addition to state requirements, one year acute inpatient with psychiatric care experience preferred
- Ability to provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Ability to initiate action, take personal responsibility, suggest improvements, and solve problems within scope of job without being asked
- Ability to understand and comply with government, regulatory, and company rules
- Ability to record, report, and maintain confidentiality of information and respond to requests for information
“The treatment team we have here is amazing. All our staff is very caring and want to make sure our patients are safe. I appreciate all the hard work that they put in every day. I do believe in this program and I always will. I've seen so much in the last 16 years that it still amazes me how our program works. I have even personally cried with patients that didn't want to leave because this was their safe place. I really wouldn't know what to do if I didn't have this job or the passion to help where I am needed.”
Behavioral Health Tech, Gentle Path
It’s incredibly rewarding to be proud of where you work, and for more than 45 years Meadows Behavioral Healthcare has been an industry leader with a specialized, evidence-based approach to inpatient and outpatient treatment.
In addition to the satisfaction of helping people for a living, Meadows Behavioral Healthcare employment comes with exciting incentives.Benefits Overview