Post-Induction Therapy (PIT) is designed to introduce a disease concept of developmental immaturity to counselors and therapists who work with codependence issues. The premise of PIT is that childhood trauma, including child abuse and neglect, is the origin of developmental immaturity. This intensive week long course, developed solely for the formal training of therapists, focuses on Pia Mellody’s pioneering work in developing therapeutic techniques for identifying and treating the underlying trauma of most addictive and dysfunctional processes.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the important role that family-of-origin issues play in attachment and development.
- Demonstrate techniques to assist clients in identifying their childhood traumas.
- Describe the core issues and the five secondary symptoms of developmental immaturity.
- Analyze and then utilize the concepts of the wounded child, the adapted adult child, and feeling reduction techniques.
Qualifications include a master’s or doctorate in a helping or educational profession, certification/state licenses, ordained clergy status and present employment in counseling services. It is recommended that you complete a Survivors Workshop before or after the training.
Continuing Education Information
The Meadows provides 33 continuing education credits from the following agencies:
- This course has been approved by The Meadows, as a NAADAC Approved Education Provider for 33 CE. NAADAC Provider #62791, The Meadows is responsible for all aspects of their programming. Course addresses Counseling Services from NAADAC Counselor Skill Group.
- The Meadows is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Meadows maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Course meets criteria for 33.0 hours of continuing education credit hours for psychologists.
- The Meadows is an NBCCC-Approved Continuing Education Provider (ACEP) and may offer NBCC-approved clock hours for events that meet NBCC requirements. The ACEP solely is responsible for all aspects of the program. Provider#5687.
About The Facilitators
Facilitator: Sarah Bridge, LCSW, in addition to her private practice in Scottsdale, Arizona, during the past 10 years has lectured and co-facilitated over 100 PIT trainings with Pia Mellody for mental health professionals sponsored by The Meadows. Presently, she continues to work with Pia Mellody teaching and training staff at The Meadows Treatment Center. Sarah holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology from UCLA and a Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work from USC. She has over 30 years of experience working in the mental health field with trauma survivors. In the past, she has worked in both outpatient and inpatient hospital settings including UCLA and John’s Hopkins Hospital, as well as in outpatient community mental health clinics in Ithaca, NY and Phoenix, AZ. Additionally, Sarah provides case consultation to other clinicians nationwide and internationally and has conducted the PIT trainings in Europe as well.
Co-facilitator: Deirdre Stewart, LPC, SEP, BCN, is the Director of Trauma Resolution Services for Meadows Behavioral Healthcare. She holds a Bachelor of Communication from Pepperdine University, in Malibu, CA and received a Master’s in Counseling from The University of New England in New South Wales. Stewart completed internships at South Pacific Private in Sydney, Australia; Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, CT; and Family Behavioral Health IOP in Boca Raton, FL. She is a licensed professional in the state of Arizona and is trained in both EMDR and SE. Deirdre’s training also includes Pia Mellody’s Post Induction Therapy and Inner Child and Feeling Reduction intensives. Before relocating back to the United States in 2008, Stewart was in private practice at Hong Kong Psychological Services in Hong Kong.
|Registration||8:00 - 8:30 a.m.|
|Training||8:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.|
|Lunch||12:00 - 1:00 p.m.|
|Training||1:00 - 4:30 p.m.|
2018 Dates and Locations
|March 7 - 11||Red Lion Hotel Bellevue
11211 Main St, Bellevue, WA 98004
|May 14 - 18||Rio Retreat Center at The Meadows
1245 Jack Burden Rd, Wickenburg, AZ 85390
|June 27 - July 1||Double Tree By Hilton Hotel LA-Westside
6161 W Centinela Ave, Culver City, CA 90230
Please contact Deb Stone at 928-684-4088 for dates, locations, and to register.
$1,500 per person includes the five-day intensive training, training materials, and 33 continuing education credits. Confirmation letter will be emailed.