US Journal Training Conference – Scottsdale
Date/Time: January 16, 2020 - January 18, 2020 at 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
This International Conference on Trauma and Addiction brings together world-renowned researchers, authors, clinicians and trainers to review and discuss the interaction between trauma, chemical and behavioral addictions, and psychiatric illnesses. In a series of plenary sessions along with focused in-depth workshops, this event will focus on the interaction of attachments, neurobiology, and the developmental aspects of trauma’s effects on individuals and families.
Special Focus On
- Trauma and Addiction
- Mental Health/Behavioral Disorders
- Mind-Body Treatments
- Attachment/Family Therapy
- Adolescent Issues
Participants will be able to:
1. To identify state of the art treatment approaches for successfully treating trauma, disrupted attachment and bonding, intimacy and relationship complications, addictive disorders and other psychological and behavioral issues.
2. To identify symptoms and characteristics manifested in these disorders and to diminish/correct their negative impact on the client’s interpersonal, couples and family relationships.
3. To identify the key implications of neuroscience research as it applies to trauma, addictive disorders, the impact of Adverse Childhood Experiences and other critical problem areas of psychotherapy.
4. To identify the relationship and impact of trauma to addictive and compulsive processes with treatment considerations to include experiential and expressive therapy modalities.